We all tend to get involved in our own busy schedules, which often lead to something getting moved to the “back burner”. And, let’s be honest, it’s usually our physical fitness that gets pushed to the side. After a long, hard day at work, there is no reason you should have to choose between spending time with your family and friends, or squeezing in some time for a workout. Here are several activities in which you can achieve both!
1. Go on a bike ride. This is a great activity that is fun for all ages! Whether it’s just riding around the neighborhood or getting in some serious trail riding, this activity is enjoyable for all and on top of that, it’s a great workout. Kids too young to ride a bike? Not a problem; attaching a bike trailer or toddler seat solves this issue.
2. Walk the dog. This is a great activity that even includes the furry family members! This is an easy way to stay active while taking the time to talk and catch up with your family and friends. Even if your family does not have a dog, a walk is a great way to get yourself moving and burn additional calories that you wouldn’t be sitting on the couch at home. Strollers and wagons are a fun way to include the youngsters, plus pulling the additional weight makes for an even better workout!
3. Recruit a gym buddy. Feeling a little isolated going to the gym every night alone? This solution is easy: invite a friend! During the work week there often isn’t enough time to spend time catching up with friends AND fit in all your workouts; this is a great way to combine the two. Plus, it never hurts to have someone working out next to you for extra encouragement!
4. Go outside. This activity is as simple as just going outside (weather permitting). Whether it’s hanging out on the driveway and shooting some hoops, jumping on the trampoline in the backyard, playing hide-and-seek, tag; the opportunities are endless! It’s a great way to spend time together while getting some fresh air and staying active.
5. Get an at-home gym. Sometimes life just doesn’t allow the time (or money) to complete your workouts at a nearby gym. This doesn’t mean you can’t still achieve a good workout! Investing in at-home gym equipment such as a TRUE ES900 Treadmill will save you time and money. No longer will you be spending time commuting to and from the gym while you could be enjoying your family at home. The extra money in your pocket every month, which is no longer spent toward a gym membership, wouldn’t be so bad either! Set up your treadmill right in the living room to accomplish a run while watching your nightly TV shows with your family!
6. Clean the house. Talk about killing two birds with one stone! No longer do you have to spend your Saturday afternoons cleaning up after everyone. Assign each member of the family a household chore such as vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, dishes, etc. It’s a great way to keep everyone active, while being productive and keeping the house clean! Throw on some fun music and you have yourself a house-cleaning par-tay!