Music has been proven to help boost your motivation and keep you moving during a tough workout. In fact, turning up the tunes can even generate a longer and more effective exercise session. An Ohio State University study showed that walkers who listened to music walked, on average, four miles more than those who weren’t listening to music. Music acts as a distraction, so you pay less attention to how long you’ve been exercising and more attention to the beats of the songs. Now that summer is here, it’s time to change up your workout playlist. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. “Greyhound” by Swedish House Mafia: This techno beat is the perfect way to get moving and set the tone for an intense workout.
2. “Take a Walk” by Passion Pit: You’ll have this one stuck in your head, as the extremely catchy beat gets your feet moving faster on your home treadmill.
3. “Bad Girls” by M.I.A.: M.I.A. knows how to get your feet going and keep your inspiration high.
4. “Titanium” by David Guetta: The lyrics of this tune are really what’s going to pump you up and put you in the right mindset for a long walk.
5. “Beauty and a Beat” by Justin Bieber featuring Nicki Minaj: Even if you don’t have Bieber fever, you have to admit this beat is catchy.
6. “Blackout (Wideboys Remix)” by Breathe Carolina: If dubstep is really what puts your workout into high gear, this song will hit the spot.
7. “We Will Rock You” by Queen: Nothing like a little old-school song by Queen to set the mood for a workout.
8. “We Found Love (Cahill Club Remix) by Rihanna: The combination of vocals and an inspirational beat will help to get your legs moving faster.
9. “One More Night” by Maroon 5: Adam Levine’s voice will bring you through your workout and give you the inspiration you need to keep going.
10. “Umbrella Beach” by Owl City: Give yourself one final push by turning up the volume on this pumped-up tune.